Achieving Results with Mindbloom
- Mindbloom’s programs have been shown to be highly effective in alleviating symptoms of depression and anxiety.
- We have clients resolving long-lasting traumas and finding significant relief from depression and anxiety.
- Our clinical study has scientifically documented how Mindbloom’s at-home ketamine therapy experience produces tangible results.
This post outlines how Mindbloom supports you through your ketamine experience so you can ensure a safe, powerful, and effective healing journey.
Mindbloom determines if you’re a good fit for treatment
Before beginning any treatment program, your health is reviewed by medical professionals to make sure that ketamine therapy is the right fit for you and what you want to work on.
After completing a comprehensive eligibility survey, you meet with a licensed psychiatric clinician. These screening processes help ensure that you are able to do ketamine therapy safely.
If for any reason you are not a fit for treatment, you will be fully reimbursed.
Mindbloom lets you select a guide who can answer all your questions
Our Guides are expertly trained to help you through the process of ketamine therapyThey will help you prepare for your sessions, prepare your space, and offer support in integrating your experience afterwards.
Mindbloom sends you the medicine directly to your home
With Mindbloom there is no need to go to the pharmacy or manage prescriptions.
We deliver the medicine right to your door so you can simply focus on how you’re doing throughout your program.
The Mindbloom program is designed for results
Your treatment program with Mindbloom consists of six sessions completed from the comfort of your own home. You have access to your Guide, your Clinician, and our Care Teams – all helping create the conditions for effective treatment.
The medicine is taken sublingually through rapidly dissolving tablets placed under the tongue. This ensures a gradual onset, less chance of nausea or unwanted side effects, and easy-to-follow procedures.
Mindbloom enhances the peaceful aspects of your ketamine experience
Our mobile application provides expertly-designed meditations and music specifically designed for the ketamine experience.
We guide you through the intention setting and post-experience journaling process so you can turn your insights and learnings into real-life change and healing.
Achieving the results you want
Mindbloom programming has been created to provide safe, powerful, and effective healing experiences.
The content, experience, and programs have been expertly designed by our team to meet you where you are, ensure you are a right fit for treatment, and enhance every step of the process for you.
From your first step to your last ketamine session, we are with you every step of the way to inform, guide, and assist you—everything in service of helping you achieve the results you want.
This article is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always talk to your doctor about the risks and benefits of any treatment. If you are in a life-threatening situation, call the National Suicide Prevention Line at +1 (800) 273-8255, call 911, or go to the nearest emergency room.
Ketamine is not FDA-approved for the treatment of depression or anxiety. Learn more about off-label uses here.
Side effects of ketamine treatment may include: altered sense of time, anxiety, blurred vision, diminished ability to see/hear/feel, dry mouth, elevated blood pressure or heart rate, elevated intraocular or intracranial pressure, excitability, loss of appetite, mental confusion, nausea/vomiting, nystagmus (rapid eye movements), restlessness, slurred speech, synesthesia (a mingling of the senses).
Do not proceed with ketamine treatment if any of the following apply to you:
- Allergic to ketamine
- Symptoms of psychosis or mania
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure
- CHF or other serious heart problem
- Severe breathing problem
- History of elevated intraocular or intracranial pressure
- History of hyperthyroidism
- Other serious medical illness
- Pregnant, nursing, or trying to become pregnant
Ketamine has been reported to produce issues including, but not limited to, those listed below. However, lasting adverse side-effects are rare when medical protocols are carefully followed.
While ketamine has not been shown to be physically addictive, it has been shown to cause moderate psychological dependency in some recreational users.
- In rare cases, frequent, heavy users have reported increased frequency of urination, urinary incontinence, pain urinating, passing blood in the urine, or reduced bladder size
- Ketamine may worsen problems in people with schizophrenia, severe personality disorders, or other serious mental disorders.
- Users with a personal or family history of psychosis should be cautious using any psychoactive substance, including ketamine, and discuss potential risks with your MindBloom® clinician before proceeding with treatment.
- The dissociative effects of ketamine may increase patient vulnerability and the risk of accidents.
To promote positive outcomes and ensure safety, follow these ketamine treatment guidelines:
- Do not operate a vehicle (e.g., car, motorcycle, bicycle) or heavy machinery following treatment until you’ve had a full night of sleep
- Refrain from taking benzodiazepines or stimulants for 24 hours prior to treatment
- Continue to take antihypertensive medication as prescribed
- Avoid hangovers or alcohol intake
- Refrain from consuming solid foods within 3 hours prior to treatment and liquids within 1 hour prior to treatment
- Ketamine treatment should never be conducted without a monitor present to ensure your safety