Last Updated: February 2, 2023
Here at Mindbloom, we deeply respect your privacy and information. We thank you for coming to www.mindbloom.com (the “Site”) and Mindbloom mobile app (the "App"), and for trusting us in your journeys. We do our utmost to treat your information like we’d want our own treated, and we aim for you to be just as pleased with how we collect, use, and protect your information as you are with our mental health and wellness services.
- When you visit or use the publicly available sections of the Site or App
- Through email, text, and other electronic communications between you and our Site or App
- When you interact with our advertising, marketing, and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising and marketing include links to this policy.
- Through non-electronic communications or any other channels outside of the publicly available sections of the Site or App, including through any other website operated by Mindbloom or any third party
- That is individually identifiable health or medical information (“Health Information”). Mindbloom’s collection, use, and disclosure of Health Information is governed by the Medical Groups’ Notice of Privacy Practices (as discussed below).
- Through any third-party website or application, including through any application or content (including advertising or marketing) that may link to, or be accessible on or from, the Site or App.
Mindbloom provides managed services to independent provider groups, including Mindbloom Medical, P.C., Mindbloom Provider Group, P.A., Mindbloom Medical Group of California, P.C., Mindbloom Medical NJ, P.C., and Mindbloom Medical KS, P.A. ("Medical Groups"). Mindbloom is not a provider group itself, has no ownership interest in the Medical Groups, does not have control over the policies or practices of the Medical Groups, and is not responsible for the quality of care provided by the Medical Groups.
We note that neither Mindbloom nor the Medical Groups is a "covered entity" or “business associate” under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, Public Law 104-191, and its related regulations and amendments ("HIPAA"). Nevertheless, any Health Information that you provide may be subject to specific protections under applicable state laws, and Mindbloom, the Medical Groups, and their providers may use and disclose such information only in accordance with such applicable laws. However, any Health Information that is not protected under applicable laws may be used or disclosed in any manner permitted under the Medical Groups’ Notice of Privacy Practices.
Personal information we collect about you
When you interact with the Site or App, we may collect certain Personal Information directly from you or automatically from the devices you use to access the Site or App. Depending on how you use the Site or App, we may collect the following types of Personal Information from or about you:
- Identifiers, such as your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, IP address, and other online identifiers.
- Demographic information, such as your age, gender, and date of birth.
- Internet or other electronic activity information, such as information that is passively or automatically collected using log files, cookies, pixels, web beacons, and similar technologies from your computer or mobile device as you navigate our Site or App or interact with emails we have sent you. The information we collect may include your browser type, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, the pages and files you viewed, your searches, your operating system and system configuration information, and date/time stamps associated with your usage. This information is used to analyze overall trends, to help us provide and improve our services and to guarantee their security and continued proper functioning.
- Geolocation data, such as location information based on your IP address and other information made available through your device depending on your device settings.
- Payment information, such as your billing name and address, credit card number, or bank account information, that you provide when you make a payment through the Site or App.
- Other information you choose to provide, such as when you send us questions, comments, or feedback, complete an online survey or other form, or otherwise communicate with us through the Site or App.
How we use your personal information
We may use Personal Information that you provide to us:
- To provide, maintain, improve, and enhance the Site, App, and our services;
- To provide you with information, content, products, or services you request from us;
- To create and service your account, manage your transactions, and coordinate your services;
- To communicate with you, contact you with updates, offers, promotions, and other personalized and non-personalized messages, provide you with updates relating to the Site, App, or our services, provide information that you request, respond to your comments or questions, and provide customer support;
- For marketing and advertising purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that may be relevant, valuable, or otherwise of interest to you. We may use Personal Information collected through cookies, pixels, and similar technologies to provide relevant advertising or other communications or services;
- To administer promotions and user surveys;
- To conduct research and analysis;
- To facilitate transactions and payments;
- To find and prevent fraud and respond to security, trust, and safety issues that may arise;
- To notify you about changes to this Site or App, or to our services, or to provide you with notices about your account; or
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected.
How we disclose your personal information
We may disclose your Personal Information to a few third parties, including:
- Our parents, subsidiaries and affiliates
- Our third-party service providers, contractors, subcontractors, and business partners we use to support our business, including our analytics and advertising partners
- To any company we might merge with or acquire, or that acquires us, or in the event of structural change of our company of any form (e.g., a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Mindbloom’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding).
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- With your consent
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it
- To comply with our legal obligations
- To enforce our rights
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, and to respond to any government or regulatory request
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of you, your healthcare providers, Mindbloom, our customers, or other relevant parties (this includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of, for example, fraud protection and credit risk reduction)
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may also disclose, without restriction, aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual user.
Cookies and other data collection technologies
We and our third-party partners may collect your Personal Information using cookies, pixel tags, or similar technologies. Our third-party partners, such as analytics and advertising partners, may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across different services. Cookies are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our Site.
Most web browsers let you choose whether to accept cookies. Most also let you delete cookies already set. The choices available, and the mechanism used, will vary from browser to browser. Such browser settings are typically found in the “options”, “tools” or “preferences” menu. You may also consult the browser’s “help” menu. There are also online tools available for clearing all cookies left behind by the websites you have visited, such as www.allaboutcookies.org. Usually, deletion of cookies will anonymize the information associated with the pixel and a website will not receive any further associated information. Please note that deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies may prevent you from accessing certain areas or features of our services or may otherwise adversely affect your user experience.
The third-party partners we may use for advertising and analytics include, but are not limited to:
Accessing and changing your personal information
How we keep your data secure
Mindbloom strives to use industry-standard data collection, storage, and processing practices and security measures to protect against any unauthorized access to, accidental loss of, or disclosure of your information. These safeguards may vary based on the sensitivity of the information that we collect and store.
Unfortunately, no security method or combination of methods is perfectly secure. We will always strive to do our best and to work with third-party service providers that strive to do the same, but we cannot warrant or guarantee the absolute security of any Personal Information that may be transmitted to or from our Site or App. There is no guarantee that data may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. Therefore, any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site or App, or your computer or mobile device.
Links to other sites
Do not track
Some web browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” or similar feature that signals to websites that a user does not want to have his or her online activity and behavior tracked. We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected through the Site. However, like many websites, our Site is not currently designed to recognize a “Do Not Track” signal from a web browser. As a result, Mindbloom and third parties may track your online activities, including over time and across different sites and apps.
Children under the age of 18
This Site and App are not for persons under the age of 18 (collectively, “Minors”). Minors are not authorized to use this Site or App, or to provide any information through the Site or App. We do not solicit or knowingly collect information from Minors, and if we become aware of any such information being collected, we will take immediate action to delete it. Should you become aware that we have collected Personal Information from a Minor, please contact us at email@example.com.
Opt-out and unsubscribe
If you’d like to opt-out of receiving any or all communications from us, you may do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If we still need to communicate with you regarding an active order or other important information, we will indicate such in our reply.
Notice to residents of California
California residents are entitled to request and obtain from us once per calendar year information about the categories of personal information we have shared with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. To request this information and for any other questions about our privacy practices and compliance with California law, please contact us using the information provided in the Contact Us section below.
Notice to residents of Nevada
If you are a Nevada resident, you have the right to opt out of the sale of certain personal information, including your name and mailing address, to third parties. We do not sell your personal information. If that were to change in the future, we will provide Nevada residents with a method to opt-out of those transactions.
If you’d like to receive additional information about our privacy practices, have questions, or would like to make a request, you may contact us at the below addresses.
Mindbloom Privacy Officer
1317 Edgewater Dr #1583
Orlando, FL 32804